[comp.ivideodisc] Optical disc jukeboxes

mark@cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS (Mark Quattrocchi) (01/16/88)

Someone asked for this and since I can't seem to send mail directly
I thought I would post it here.

Cygnet produces jukeboxes for the optical disc drive market. We currently
offer three different versions in the 1800 series.

Model 1801: This is a manually operated frame that can hold from 1-5
	    12" drives. The rest of the space is used for media storage.

Model 1802: This is a minimum configuration automatic storage and retrival
	    device. It is an 1801 with an elevator frame attached to
	    exchange cartridges between storage and drive slots. An
	    exchange can take from 8-12 seconds depending on the drive
	    type (most time is spent loading/unloading and spinning
	    drives up/down). The elevator can move at 60" per second.

Model 1803: Same as an 1802 with a extra media frame attached giving
	    a total capacity of 121 cartridges in a single drive unit
	    with an Optimem drive (which is equal to 242 gigabytes of
	    on-line storage). Other drives have different thickness
	    cartridges so total capacity does vary a bit. The size of
	    this unit is about 6 ft tall, 3 ft deep, and 6 ft long.

We are an OEM company and have contracts with Kodak, Wang, and many many more.

In article <693@cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS> mark@cygnet.UUCP (Mark Quattrocchi) writes:
>Someone asked for this and since I can't seem to send mail directly
>I thought I would post it here.
>
>Cygnet produces jukeboxes for the optical disc drive market. We currently
>offer three different versions in the 1800 series.
>
>Model 1801: This is a manually operated frame that can hold from 1-5
>	    12" drives. The rest of the space is used for media storage.
>
>Model 1802: This is a minimum configuration automatic storage and retrival
>	    device. It is an 1801 with an elevator frame attached to
>	    exchange cartridges between storage and drive slots. An
>	    exchange can take from 8-12 seconds depending on the drive
>	    type (most time is spent loading/unloading and spinning
>	    drives up/down). The elevator can move at 60" per second.
>
>Model 1803: Same as an 1802 with a extra media frame attached giving
>	    a total capacity of 121 cartridges in a single drive unit
>	    with an Optimem drive (which is equal to 242 gigabytes of
>	    on-line storage). Other drives have different thickness
>	    cartridges so total capacity does vary a bit. The size of
>	    this unit is about 6 ft tall, 3 ft deep, and 6 ft long.
>
>We are an OEM company and have contracts with Kodak, Wang, and many many more.

BTW our jukeboxes do not use video discs they are for data storage/retrival.

For more info call or write to:

		Cygnet
		601 W. California Ave
		Sunnyvale, California
				94086

		(408) 773-0770 Ask for Eva Marsh
		Mention you heard about this on the NET.

Hope this helps.