[comp.ivideodisc] Americans against the world

droid@mcrware.UUCP (Andy Nicholson) (03/24/88)

In article <5697@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, daford@watdragon.waterloo.edu
(Daniel Ford) writes:
> Both DVI and CDI were demo'd at the CD ROM conference, both were impressive.
>
> It looks like the Americans (DVI) against the world (CDI) again.

	For those of you whose world revolves around the American PC market and
	MS-DOS, etc., it may come as a surprise that CD-RTOS, the CDI operating
	system, is based on OS-9, a product of Microware Systems Corp., of Des
	Moines, Iowa.  An American company.  But if you want to give us the world
	we'll try our best to take it.  The American PC market is so very small
	and so very saturated compared to the world consumer market (world being
	a superset of America).
> Daniel A. Ford 					daford@watdragon.uucp
> U. of Waterloo       daford%watdragon%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

	Isn't the U. of W. part of the "world"?  Ontario certainly is not part
of the USA.

	My opinions are now public domain, they do not belong to my employer.