[comp.ivideodisc] Additional standard serial ports for Mac II

kuntz@imag.imag.fr (Gilles Kuntz) (07/08/88)

In Article 12189 in comp.sys.mac I wrote:

>The two standard serial ports of MAC II are not enough to control some devices
>such as videoplayers, videotapes...
>Thus, I am looking for a NUBUS card having 2 or 4
>additional serial ports (RS-232 or RS-422).

I've received an answer from Mark Anderson:

--From mark%cs@ucsd.edu Mon Mar 28 14:00:39 1988
--I have been writing a driver for just such a board.
--The driver provides the standard Macintosh OS serial driver
--interface to the board. For more information contact:
--John Metzger
--       Tara Systems Company
--        912 Santa Hidalga
--        Solana Beach, CA 92075
--       (619) 481-7109

Unfortunately Tara doesn't answer a post mail,... and the phone number are
incorrect...

Anybody knows something about this card called "Four plus One" or about another
card with the same capabilities.
Thank you for sending me your answer via "mail" or FAX number (33) 76519637

--
Gilles KUNTZ            kuntz@imag.imag.fr          kuntz@imag.UUCP
Laboratoire ARTEMIS                       {uunet.uu.netImcvax}!imag!kuntz