[comp.ivideodisc] SCSI based WORM Drives --are there any??

hubey@pilot.njin.net (Hubey) (03/24/89)

I have been thinking of putting together a WORM disk based interactive computer
based  tutorial-learning-teaching type of a package.

I would like to use an Amiga 2000 since it output is interlaced
ie..sort of NTSC PAL compataible.

Is there any place where the optical type devices for computer and
optical devices for video intersect??  i.e are there any optical
storage devices which have SCSI interface??  The articles I read in
journals, magazines and those posted here are never clear enough for
me.  I would like to put together a package which can pick  up images
rapidly from a storage device which is removable, ie.. magnetic HDs
won't do since the cost is prohibitive.  Bernoulli boxes cannot store
enough data--and might be too slow.

Are there any suggestions as to where I might look.
--
          /   /
         /   /         H.M. Hubey

dodgson@cs.wmich.edu (Harry Dodgson) (03/31/89)

In article <Mar.23.21.38.17.1989.8990@pilot.njin.net>, hubey@pilot.njin.net (Hubey) writes:
> I have been thinking of putting together a WORM disk based interactive computer
> based  tutorial-learning-teaching type of a package.
>
> I would like to use an Amiga 2000 since it output is interlaced
> ie..sort of NTSC PAL compataible.
>
> Is there any place where the optical type devices for computer and
> optical devices for video intersect??  i.e are there any optical
....... (extra deleted)
> Are there any suggestions as to where I might look.
> --
	Laser Optical Technology
	1803 Mission Street, #403
	Santa Cruz, CA  95060
	(408) 426-7171

  This company sells an 800 Meg worm drive, 108 msec average access,
4 msec track-track drive for $3995 (less 20% for educational).  This
includes cables, and software for a Macintosh.  They also have software
and SCSI interfaces for the IBM PC for $795.
	(insert usual disclaimers - pricelist dated Sep 1, 88)
--
Harry Dodgson Jr.               Internet:  dodgson@cs.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University			   (35.132.4.1)