[comp.ivideodisc] Recordable videodiscs

msiskin@shogun.cc.umich.edu (Marc Siskin) (04/22/89)

In article <1129@lts.UUCP> kdb@lts.UUCP (Kurt D. Baumann) writes:
>The Sony disc recorder is the better one.  If my memory serves me, the disc
>that it produces is readable in any normal disc player.  The Teac creates
>its own proprietary disc format.  It would seem that even if the specs are
>a bit better on the Teac the Sony would be more useful for creating demo
>discs and one-off productions.

Whoa!   The Sony Recorder for Video Discsks does NOT record in a way that is
readable in "Normal" disc players.  I was shown the Sony system earlier
this month and made sure I got that information.  The Player for these
discs can emulate a standard disc player for testing out interactive
programs.  But you can't stick in a pre-recorded disc and play it.
Sorry.
         Marc Siskin