[comp.ivideodisc] Getting an education on videodisc players

mike@bushido (Michael A. Nowak) (03/15/90)

I am interested in purchasing a videodisc player but I'm not sure how to
begin.  There's a lot of terminology (CLV?  8-bit sampling?) that I'm
unsure about and I'm not familiar with all the videodisc manufacturers.
What's a good resource for finding out more about this technology so I
can make an intelligent purchase decision?

Now, if someone has specific recommendations for manufacturers or specific
models, I'd love to hear about it.  I think I'm looking for a videodisc
player which can:

Play motion videodiscs as well as discs with just stills
Play audio CDs of various sizes (this isn't critical)
Can play both sides of a disk without flipping
Can be controlled from a computer, like the Pioneer LD6000V.

Mail to mike%bushido.uucp@umich.edu (Internet) would be really appreciated!

Mike Nowak.

mike@bushido.uucp (Michael A. Nowak) (03/16/90)

In article <1990Mar15.050558.336@bushido.uucp> mike@bushido (Michael A. Nowak) writes:

>Mail to mike%bushido.uucp@umich.edu (Internet) would be really appreciated!
>
>Mike Nowak.

I saw some great looking responses come in but due to an error on my part,
my UUCP ate them.  The problem is now corrected.  If possible, could senders
remail responses, with a CC to mike_nowak@um.cc.umich.edu, as well as
to bushido?  I should have tested my UUCP mail more throughly after the latest
change.

I'm really sorry this happened - the responses looked very helpful...