Article 6326 (38 more) in comp.sys.mac.hardware:
From: a544@mindlink.UUCP (Rick McCormack)
(SAME) Subject: Re: Apple's new CD-ROM rumor!!
Date: 31 Oct 90 22:02:35 GMT

Guys. Guys. guys.  (and also: Gals. Gals. Gals.)  haven't you all seen or at
least heard about the new video tape players like the NEC Cowboy, which can
rewind a T-120 tape in one minute, give or take a few seconds?  Now, you can
set all that stuff you wanted to put on a CD_ROM onto video tape, with motion
and everything, and stereo sound and like that!  Hook the Cowboy to your Mac,
and program a hypercard stack.  Just like the big boys, except you now also get
to be a video producer.  And You can update the tape at your convenience.  And
it is not rumor - we can even buy them in Canada!

So, go out and get one now and become a multimedia guru in your spare [pick
one] time, bedroom, life.

I work for a video production company doing various interactive videodisc
programming and, like all computer enthusiasts, I harbor a secret desire to
have the capabilities of my work machines... at home! Sooo... what's the
scoop? Does anyone have any experience with this player?

--Kathy

   Kathy Strong               :  "Welcome to FUBAR Corp., where there's
  (Clouds moving slowly)      :   never enough time to do a job right,
   clouds@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu  :   but always enough time to do it over."