[comp.ivideodisc] comp.multimedia and comp.multimedia.hypertext?

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (12/02/90)

In <1851taylorj@yvax.byu.edu> taylorj@yvax.byu.edu writes:

>If this isn't acceptable, I'd at least like to make an objection to the term
>"multimedia."  I would prefer "interactive multimedia" or even the broader
>"interactive media."  If the name comp.interactive-media is too long, I
>suppose it could be shortened to comp.imedia.

  This is a very good idea if you want to increase the confusion for us
readers. I can't understand why you have to make the things soo complicated.
The name of the newsgroup should _help_ the user to find the apropriate group.
if you call it something like "comp.imedia" you will assure that no newusers
could find the group. And after some time, some people will begin to discuss
why there isn't any group for multimedia (sigh!).

   Btw: The fact that comp.multimedia is in comp.-thread and not in rec.
(rec.multimedia) gives enough hints that it's about interactive multimedia
(and not multimedia for plain amusement).

  I vote for comp.multimedia.

Suggestion:  What about comp.multimedia.hypertext instead of alt.hypertext?

            Followups redirected to news.groups .