[comp.ivideodisc] digital access to video on IBM

pinter@perseus.bucknell.edu (12/13/90)

Has anyone programmed on this M- board for the IBM?  My question is,
once the signal is read in and digitized, can it only be displayed
as it is read, or can it also be saved on disk, using some sort of
compression scheme similar to DVI?

                                     Marco Pinter
                                     pinter@sol.bucknell.edu

young@brahms.udel.edu (Phillip Young) (12/13/90)

In article <550@hydra.bucknell.edu> pinter@perseus.bucknell.edu writes:

>Has anyone programmed on this M- board for the IBM?  My question is,
>once the signal is read in and digitized, can it only be displayed
>as it is read, or can it also be saved on disk, using some sort of
>compression scheme similar to DVI?

   The board is very similar to the Videologic DVA board.  An ANALOG
video input is digitized and displayed in real time.  A still frame can
be captured from the video and stored to disc - but not in real time.
Also, no compression is involved (unless you do it yourself).