[comp.ivideodisc] Home Laserdisk controller

jed@milton.u.washington.edu (James Edwards) (12/12/90)

I have a Pioneer 2080 Laserdisk player. I have seen an article in this
newsgroup noting that there is a box that would allow me to control the
player from my Mac/PC through the remote control jack.

Could someone please be kind enough to email me the name/address/phone
of the company so I can order one.

Thanks
Jim
jed@milton.u.washington.edu

sfleming@cs.hw.ac.uk (Stewart T. Fleming) (12/13/90)

In article <12796@milton.u.washington.edu>, jed@milton.u.washington.edu (James Edwards) writes:

|> I have a Pioneer 2080 Laserdisk player. I have seen an article in this
|> newsgroup noting that there is a box that would allow me to control the
|> player from my Mac/PC through the remote control jack.

I would like similar information concerning the connections to the remote control jack.
I assume the box is just a serial interface.  Could anyone with this info. please e-mail me.

|> Jim
|> jed@milton.u.washington.edu

Thanks,
Stewart
--

sfleming@uk.ac.hw.cs or sfleming@cs.hw.ac.uk or ...ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!sfleming
"Jedi programmers do it with byte sabres."

rjn@hpfcso.HP.COM (Bob Niland) (01/10/91)

re: > I have a Pioneer 2080 Laserdisk player.  I have seen an article in
    > this newsgroup noting that there is a box that would allow me to
    > control the player from my Mac/PC through the remote control jack.

Call Voyager Company (213) 451-1383

Ask about "The Box".    About $150.

No, I don't have one.

Regards,                                              Hewlett-Packard
Bob Niland      Internet: rjn@hpfcrjn.FC.HP.COM       3404 East Harmony Road
                UUCP: [hplabs|hpfcse]!hpfcrjn!rjn     Ft Collins CO 80525-9599