[comp.ivideodisc] VIDCLIP Software

MP14STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET (Mark Powers) (02/18/91)

I am using a MacII and a Sony 8mm tape deck to do interactive video here at
Miami.  I bought software called VIDCLIP from Video Production Controls to
control the Sony.

Does anyone have any experience with this software.  I'd like to findout what
the basic commands are to activate a player and search the tape.  The stacks
that come with VIDCLIP are very hard to follow and the author doesn't answer
the phone or return messages left on his answering machine.  I own 10 copies
of this  stuff and would like to start using it.

                             Mark Powers
                             Miami University

siri@otc.otca.oz (Siri Hewa) (02/20/91)

In article <91049.091746MP14STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET> MP14STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET (Mark Powers) writes:
>I am using a MacII and a Sony 8mm tape deck to do interactive video here at
>Miami.  I bought software called VIDCLIP from Video Production Controls to
>control the Sony.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with this software.  I'd like to findout what
>the basic commands are to activate a player and search the tape.  The stacks
>that come with VIDCLIP are very hard to follow and the author doesn't answer
>the phone or return messages left on his answering machine.

We got the same software here.We try to use sony camcoder with Mac fx.First
time it just hang up.It was to do with fx high speed serial bus.With a
utility called serial (control panel document) you can disable high speed rate
and use as a standard serial rate.(what ever that means).

But using hypercard ver2.0,we only got camcoders counter display on mac only.No
other functions seems to work.It will be a help if some one can help with this
problem as software does not seems to work.

Any info!!!

Siri Hewa.
||||OTC||
R&D Visual Communications