[comp.lang.icon] ICON src

doon@arrakis.nevada.edu (Harry W. Reed) (09/11/89)

Hi,
	I am very interested in working with an ICON compiler.
Is the ICON source available via ftp anywhere? or "How can
I get source code for the ICON compiler?".

	Thanks,

	Harry Reed
	...!arrakis!doon

kwalker@ARIZONA.EDU ("Kenneth Walker") (09/11/89)

> Date: 11 Sep 89 03:19:09 GMT
> From: unsvax!arrakis.nevada.edu!doon@uunet.uu.net  (Harry W. Reed)
>
> 	I am very interested in working with an ICON compiler.
> Is the ICON source available via ftp anywhere? or "How can
> I get source code for the ICON compiler?".

Icon source is available for a number of systems. To ftp Icon material:

   ftp arizona.edu
   log onto ftp with the name anonymous
   use any password
   cd icon
   look at the README file to find out what is available

Note that Icon does not currently have a compiler in the sense of
producing machine executable code. There is a translator and intepreter.

   Ken Walker / Computer Science Dept / Univ of Arizona / Tucson, AZ 85721
   +1 602 621 2858  kwalker@Arizona.EDU   {uunet|allegra|noao}!arizona!kwalker