[comp.lang.icon] ProIcon review

cargo@CHERRY.CRAY.COM (David S. Cargo) (09/19/90)

I was in my company library over lunch and happened to see that
the September issue of Computer Language had a review of ProIcon 1.0
in it (page 102).  The reviewer was not pleased with ProIcon's help
system nor with some of the error messages, but otherwise seemed
to look favorably on ProIcon.

David S. Cargo (cargo@cray.com)

goer@quads.uchicago.edu (Richard L. Goerwitz) (09/19/90)

Cargo@CHERRY.CRAY.COM (David S. Cargo) writes:
>I was in my company library over lunch and happened to see that
>the September issue of Computer Language had a review of ProIcon 1.0
>in it (page 102).  The reviewer was not pleased with ProIcon's help
>system nor with some of the error messages...

I wonder:  Did he seem to understand the history and purpose of the
Icon programming language, or was the reviewer new to Icon as well
as ProIcon?

-Richard