[comp.lang.icon] test posting of a strange program

goer@quads.uchicago.edu (Richard L. Goerwitz) (10/02/90)

Goer%sophist@GARGOYLE.UCHICAGO.EDU (Richard Goerwitz) writes:

>This is a test posting of a strange program.  Essentially, it takes
>a source file, finds all procedure calls in it, looks for those pro-
>cedure calls which are not a part of the source file itself in the
>IPL (or in any directories you tell it to), then fetches those rou-
>tines that it needs, writing the original source file and the neces-
>sary library routines to the standard output.
>
>Frequently I forget what file an IPL routine is in.  And there is
>almost always stuff I don't want to link in present with the routines
>that I do.  This program handles most of the hunting and pecking by
>itself.

I now have an updated version of the program around.  It has been
tested in more environments, and seems to work pretty well.  I want
people who are interested in tinkering with the utility to let me
know so I can send them updates.  I'll refrain from reposting a
final version until it's looking pretty stable.

Thanks to those who offered me feedback.  Thanks in advance to those
who might choose to do so in the future.

-Richard