[comp.lang.icon] A Strange/Dumb SNOBOL/SPITBOL Question...

jmh@coyote.datalog.com (John Hughes) (06/30/91)

Please pardon what might seem like an odd question, but...

I am currently looking about for a Unix version of SPITBOL. I've seen some
references to something called SPITBOL-68 (which would be just right for me,
since the machine of intent happens to be a 68000-based box). Does anyone
have information about such a thing?

Many thanks in advance.

--
|     John M. Hughes      | "...unfolding in consciousness at the            |
| datalog.com!moondog!jmh | deliberate speed of pondering."  - Daniel Dennet |

hollaar%basset.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Lee Hollaar) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun30.090041.23568@coyote.datalog.com> jmh@coyote.datalog.com (John Hughes) writes:
>I am currently looking about for a Unix version of SPITBOL. I've seen some
>references to something called SPITBOL-68 (which would be just right for me,
>since the machine of intent happens to be a 68000-based box). Does anyone
>have information about such a thing?

SPITBOL-68000 is available from:
    Catspaw, Inc.
    Post Office Box 1123
    Salida CO  81201
    719/539-3384

It runs on a variety of 68000-based machines, including Sun-3's, Apollos, and
HP's.  There is also Sparc SPITBOL for Sun-4's.