[comp.lang.asm370] UN-ASSEMBLERS

S087891@UMRVMA.BITNET (Mike Castle) (11/13/89)

Are there any good UN-ASSEMBLER programs out there, or will I have to
write my own?  I *think* I could do it, but I'd really rather not have
to.
Tanx,
     **********************************
     *     Nexus of All Realities     *
     *  Mike Castle   S087891@UMRVMA  *
     **********************************

jcallen@Encore.COM (Jerry Callen) (11/18/89)

>Are there any good UN-ASSEMBLER programs out there, or will I have to
>write my own?  I *think* I could do it, but I'd really rather not have
>to.
>Tanx,
>     **********************************
>     *     Nexus of All Realities     *
>     *  Mike Castle   S087891@UMRVMA  *
>     **********************************

The "CBT Mods Tape" has a VERY good disassembler on it, and it's essentially
free (well, I think the whole tape, which contains "billions and billions"
of lines of great stuff, costs about $50). I don't have the address handy;
try asking around in the systems programmers area (unless, of course, you
are one :-)) and if that gets you nowhere, send me mail and I'll dig up
the address for you. There is also a magazine called "Technical Support"
(the magazine of NASPA, the National Systems Programmers Association, or
something like that) which probably contains pointers to the CBT tape.

-- Jerry Callen
   ...!{gould,uunet,probably others}!encore!jcallen
   callen@encore.encore.com

SYSBILL@UKCC.BITNET (Bill Sallee) (11/18/89)

Anyone wishing to order the CBT tape should do so soon.  The last one
we got had a note that it might not be available after December since
the Hartford Data Center may close.  Here is the information off the tape:

//*                    ********************                         *   DOC FILE
//*                    * VERSION 07-21-89 *                         * * DOC FILE
//*                    ********************                         *   DOC FILE
//*                    *   VERSION # 309  *                         * % DOC FILE
//*                    ********************                         *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*                 FOR A COPY OF THESE MODIFICATIONS               *   DOC FILE
//*         PLEASE  SEND ( PRE-PAID ) A FULL 2400 FOOT REEL         *   DOC FILE
//*                         --------    ---- ----                   *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*                   OR  A  3480  TAPE CARTRIDGE                   *   DOC FILE
//*                       -  ----  ---- ---------                   *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*        **** NORMAL TURN-AROUND TIME IS 2 TO 4 WEEKS ****        *   DOC FILE
//*        **** IF YOU DO NOT HEAR  FROM  ME IN 6 WEEKS ****        *   DOC FILE
//*        **** GIVE ME A  CALL, SOMETHING  HAPPENED TO ****        *   DOC FILE
//*        ****         Y O U R    T A P E              ****        *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####               AND                ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####      $30.00 (IN U.S.A. FUNDS)    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####        AND A MAILING LABEL       ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####  (NOT A PRE-PAID MAILING LABEL)  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####               FOR                ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    RETURN POSTAGE AND HANDLING   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####   (    NO PURCHASE ORDERS     )  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####   (            OR             )  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####   (          R F P ' S        )  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    IF SHIPPING FROM OUT OF THE   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    UNITED  STATES  OF  AMERICA   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    PLEASE    SHIP   BY    MAIL   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    AND PUT THE PROPER CUSTOM'S   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    DECLARATION     TAGS    ON    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    ANY AND ALL  PACKAGES  THAT   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    REQUIRE A TRIP TO THE  AIR-   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    PORT  WILL  BE REFUSED  AND   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    SENT  BACK  TO  THE  SENDER   ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####                                  ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    ALL TAPES WILL BE RETURNED    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    VIA THE POSTAL  SERVICE OR    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    U.P.S.  THERE  WILL  BE NO    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    EXCEPTIONS  TO  THIS  RULE    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    EXCEPT   IF  YOU  COME AND    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*           ####    PICK      IT      YOURSELF    ####            *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*                            T O                                  *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*                     ARNOLD  CASINGHINO                          *   DOC FILE
//*                     CONNECTICUT BANK & TRUST COMPANY            *   DOC FILE
//*                     TECHNICAL SUPPORT SECTION                   *   DOC FILE
//*                     MAIL CODE CT EH F04L                        *   DOC FILE
//*                     99 FOUNDERS PLAZA                           *   DOC FILE
//*                     EAST HARTFORD,                              *   DOC FILE
//*                     CONNECTICUT   06108-3292                    *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*        **** NORMAL TURN-AROUND TIME IS 2 TO 4 WEEKS ****        *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*   MY DIRECT LINE    1-203-244-5495 ( SUN - THUR SEE BELOW  )    *   DOC FILE
//*                                      IF NO ONE ANSWERS AFTER    *   DOC FILE
//*                                      8 RINGS TRY THE DEPARTMENT *   DOC FILE
//*                                      LINE LISTED BELOW          *   DOC FILE
//*                          O  R                                   *   DOC FILE
//*   DEPARTMENT LINE   1-203-244-4657 ( SUN - THUR SEE BELOW )     *   DOC FILE
//*                          O  R                                   *   DOC FILE
//*   COMPUTER ROOM     1-203-244-4470 ( SUNDAY ONLY  SEE BELOW)    *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*                     6.30 A.M. - 3.30 P.M. ( EASTERN TIME ZONE ) *   DOC FILE
//*                                           ( SUNDAY - THURSDAY ) *   DOC FILE
//*                                                                 *   DOC FILE
//*  BELOW : NORMAL WORK WEEK IS SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY            *   DOC FILE
//*          EXCEPT FROM MEMORIAL DAY (LAST  SUNDAY IN MAY )        *   DOC FILE
//*                 THROUGH LABOR DAY (FIRST MONDAY IN SEPTEMBER )  *   DOC FILE
//*                 AT WHICH TIME MY NORMAL WORK WEEK IS            *   DOC FILE
//*                 MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY                           *   DOC FILE

andy@cfctech.UUCP (Andy Richter) (11/18/89)

In article <10392@encore.Encore.COM> jcallen@encore.UUCP (Jerry Callen) writes:
>>Are there any good UN-ASSEMBLER programs out there, or will I have to
>>write my own?  I *think* I could do it, but I'd really rather not have
>>to.
>>Tanx,
>>     **********************************
>>     *     Nexus of All Realities     *
>>     *  Mike Castle   S087891@UMRVMA  *
>>     **********************************
>
>The "CBT Mods Tape" has a VERY good disassembler on it, and it's essentially
>free (well, I think the whole tape, which contains "billions and billions"

  The address is:

              ARNOLD CASINGHINO
              CONNECTICUT BANK & TRUST COMPANY
              TECHNICAL SUPPORT SECTION F04L
              99 FOUNDERS PLAZA
              EAST HARTFORD,
              CONNECTICUT 06108-3292

  I hope this helps.  You need to send Arnold a 2400 ft reel or a cartrige
  tape and $30 and he will send you a copy of the tape. File 1 is the doc
  file for the tape. File 2 is the Compression/Decompression util to
  unsquish the rest of the files.  The DISASM program is in file 217. This
  tape is nice enough that you will want it anyway. Loads and loads of good
  stuff.

 Andy Richter                            | +1 313 244 1872
 andy@cfctech.UUCP                       | Chrysler Financial Corp.
 andy%cfctech.uucp@umix.cc.umich.edu     | MIS, Technical Services
 {sharkey,umix,mailrus}!cfctech!andy     | 901 Wilshire, Troy, MI
 DISCLAMER:  These are, such as they are, my opinions.