[comp.lang.asm370] Obtaining real address

USERALVE@RPITSMTS.BITNET (Brian Eliot) (04/25/91)

I, too, am interested in how to get the real address/device number
from within a guest, given the virtual address/device number, without
having to parse QUERY VIRTUAL replies.  Diagnose X'24' and X'210'
do not provide the real address.

Brian Eliot
Information Technology Services
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

ZPRM%AACC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (ZPRM000) (04/26/91)

I know of no other way of getting the real addr but doing
the Q VIRT. I'd have more luck getting the machine to cook
my breakfast.

phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) (04/26/91)

ZPRM%AACC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (ZPRM000) writes:

>I know of no other way of getting the real addr but doing
>the Q VIRT. I'd have more luck getting the machine to cook
>my breakfast.

Would I need a modem to do this?  Does this come with user interface
programs for remote access from PCs for those of us who would rather
have our hot oatmeal at home?

:-)
--
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   |  Guns don't aim guns at  \