[comp.lang.rexx] SIMPLE.Hidden input

JPRICE@UA1VM.BITNET (John Michael Price) (12/19/87)

Is there a way to hide ( no input re-display ) input inside REXX
( like the password entry, typed characters are not displayed ) ???
I've been directed to the REXXLIST NOTEBOOKS for previous discoussion
on this matter, but I need the information very soon, and there are so
many pages of information there.  If someone could answer the question
or just point me to the correct NOTEBOOK, I'd be terribly grateful.

John M. Price
Peon Site Operator
The University of Alabama

MAT236@UKCC.BITNET (Don Buckholtz) (12/20/87)

The command you are looking for is "cmsread mask".  It keeps the next
line of terminal input from being displayed on the screen.  Hope this
works for you.
                  Don

karthur@codas.att.com (Kurt_R_Arthur) (12/22/87)

In article <8712182149.AA18517@jade.berkeley.edu> JPRICE@UA1VM.BITNET (John Michael Price) writes:

> Is there a way to hide ( no input re-display ) input inside REXX
> ( like the password entry, typed characters are not displayed ) ???
> I've been directed to the REXXLIST NOTEBOOKS for previous discoussion
> on this matter, but I need the information very soon, and there are so
> many pages of information there.  If someone could answer the question
> or just point me to the correct NOTEBOOK, I'd be terribly grateful.
>

> John M. Price
> Peon Site Operator
> The University of Alabama

Why not use the REXX/Xedit interface and preface the area as "no display"?.
Look at the filelist code for how to use EXEC and Xedit: it is directly appli-
cable as am example (there are other modules written in REXX, but I can't re-
member their names)  Please no flames: I haven't done something like this for
about a year (I've been struggling in the land of UNIX!)

Kurt Arthur
Software Services of Florida, Inc.