[comp.lang.rexx] Unix/AREXX ??

jellson@stsusa.com (12/13/89)

In article <8963@cbmvax.UUCP>, mks@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael Sinz - CATS) writes:

> And, on the Amiga, many aplications rangeing from editors to database
> apps to spreadsheets to compilers to etc.  And, in enviroments such
> as the Amiga (and UNIX) it can communicate with multiple applications.
> (At the same time...)  Plus it is REXX...

Did I just hear a suggestion that Commodore's release of (Bill Hawes') AREXX
will work with Amiga/Unix as well as Amiga Workbench 1.4 ???

--

-----
John Ellson        ellson@ontap.stsusa.com         602-395-5281

mks@cbmvax.commodore.com (Michael Sinz - CATS) (12/15/89)

In article <6660@stsusa.com> jellson@stsusa.com writes:
>In article <8963@cbmvax.UUCP>, mks@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael Sinz - CATS) writes:
>>
>> And, on the Amiga, many aplications rangeing from editors to database
>> apps to spreadsheets to compilers to etc.  And, in enviroments such
>> as the Amiga (and UNIX) it can communicate with multiple applications.
>> (At the same time...)  Plus it is REXX...
>>

>Did I just hear a suggestion that Commodore's release of (Bill Hawes') AREXX
>will work with Amiga/Unix as well as Amiga Workbench 1.4 ???

No, I did not say that.  However, I know of at least one software developer
working on a REXX (or AREXX dialect) type product for UNIX.  Also, IBM seems
to be working on REXX to add features that Bill did to AREXX for their SAA.

Will@cup.portal.com (Will E Estes) (12/17/89)

< However, I know of at least one software developer
< working on a REXX (or AREXX dialect) type product for UNIX.
This is besides Bill?  Who is it?  I have heard rumors of several
developers for a UNIX REXX.  It sounds like it's going to be a crowded
market, which is of course great for the consumer.

< Also, IBM seems
< to be working on REXX to add features that Bill did to AREXX for their SAA.
Which features were you referring to?  Did you make this statement based
on the IBM SAA REXX that is included as part of Extended Edition or based
on some other yet-to-be-released product?

Thanks,
Will              (sun!portal!cup.portal.com!Will)