[comp.lang.rexx] hmm...

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (01/12/90)

Item: 33 by *Masked* at tronsbox.UUCP
  Subj: Simple serial I/O
  Keyw:
  Date: Fri Jan 12 1990 01:18

Hi all , ok , I have recently started using AREXX and am looking to talk to
the serial port as simply as possible ....

Now , since the AUX: device provides serial I/O (though the paramaters are
set in preferences) it should be something like ..

*******************************

/* This is AREXX program I think */

trace off

open( in, 'AUX:','r')
open(out, 'AUX:','w')

writeln( out, "message")
say readln( in )

end
*******************************

That SHOULD send "message" out the AUX: port , and show me ONE line of
return...... right ????

This seems simpler tha writting a AREXX host in C that has the serial port
open , OR using the REXSER stuff (that doesnt seem to work well)..

I am VERY novice .... help!

Everything I say is (c) 1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568