[comp.lang.rexx] reader file creation

0001007026@MCIMAIL.COM (Joseph A Schunk) (03/24/90)

>Date:     Fri Mar 23, 1990 11:49 am  PST
>From:     Binder, Michael 0551
>          MBX: MBINDER%DGOGWDG1.BITNET@ohstvma.ircc.ohio-state.edu
>Subject:  creation-date of a readerfile
>
>sometimes I would like to know the creation-date of a file currently
>residing in my virtual reader. QUERY RDR ALL only shows the creation-
>date of the spoolfile.
>How can I do this without receiving the file?

You'll need a manual (ye ole System Product Interpreter) for this, under
the chapters for DIAG/DIAGRC functions, specifically DIAGNOSE. I'll admit
I've only used these things once or twice, so you may have to play with it
a little.

/* make need file current file */
parse value diag(14,'SF','00C',spoolid) with cc 2 . 3 ryp1 7;

/* grap 4k spool buffer related to that file */
parse value diag(14,'RNSB','00C') with cc 2 . 3 ryp1 7 . 9 buffer

creation_date = substr(buffer,410,8) /* yyyymmdd */
creation_time = substr(buffer,418,6) /* hhmmss */

The starting positions in SUBSTR were empirically derived, they must be
document somewhere -- but I don't have a clue.

I'm running VM/HPO 5.