[comp.lang.rexx] Journals/Papers/Magazines about Rexx

giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Eric Giguere) (08/30/90)

Are there publications that are devoted to Rexx or at least have some
appreciable Rexx content?  I'd appreciate any pointers.

--
Eric Giguere                                       giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA

jfh@netcom.UUCP (Jack Hamilton) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug29.200441.9526@maytag.waterloo.edu>
giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Eric Giguere) writes:
>Are there publications that are devoted to Rexx or at least have some
>appreciable Rexx content?  I'd appreciate any pointers.

The IBM Mainframe Journal has occasional articles on REXX, but no regular
column.  It's "free worldwide to qualified subscribers" from Mainframe
Journal, 10935 Estate Lane, Syuite 375, Dallas, Texas, 75238.  I'm not sure
just what you have to do to qualify.

--
       Jack Hamilton    jfh@netcom.uucp   or   netcom!jfh@apple.com

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/01/90)

In article <1990Aug29.200441.9526@maytag.waterloo.edu>, giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Eric Giguere) writes:
> Are there publications that are devoted to Rexx or at least have some
> appreciable Rexx content?  I'd appreciate any pointers.
>
> --
> Eric Giguere                                       giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA

It isn't a regular journal, but I just saw an add for a new book on REXX in
a TSO/ISPF environment. I have access to TSO machines but try to stay as
far away as possible. I would want to relate this book to AREXX but don't
know how relevant it would be. Has anybody else seen it. I don't remember
the name of the book exactly or the author but it wasn't the standard
companion book to Cowlishaws'.  Along the same lines, Bill Hawes hinted to
me on CIS that there is a specifically AREXX book coming in the near
future by a third party.

---Mike,

--
A man said to the Universe "Sir, I exist!" | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
"However," replied the Universe,           | DLA Systems Automation Center

In article <2453@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil>, nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) writes:

> It isn't a regular journal, but I just saw an add for a new book on REXX in
> a TSO/ISPF environment.

The book is "REXX in the TSO Environment" by Gabriel Gargiulo, published
by QED in June/1990.

---Mike,