[comp.lang.rexx] Amiga Rexx: Waiting for keystroke

dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) (10/17/90)

	Um, I can't seem to find a way to get my ARexx program to wait for the
user to hit a key before proceding.  (It's a simple pager program.)  Actually,
the last version did wait, it just never started again...  I've been
trying to use readch('STDIN',1), but without success.

	Help.

dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com   ...uunet!tronsbox!dfrancis     GEnie: D.HEFFERNAN1
"I don't understand why you make such a big deal out of everything...haven't
you learned; if it's not happenning to me it's not important?" -Murphy Brown

sutela@polaris.utu.fi (Kari Sutela) (10/17/90)

dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) writes:

>	Um, I can't seem to find a way to get my ARexx program to wait for the
>user to hit a key before proceding.  (It's a simple pager program.)  Actually,
>the last version did wait, it just never started again...  I've been
>trying to use readch('STDIN',1), but without success.

Try reopening STDIN as a RAW: console. Should work---haven't tried, though.

--
Kari Sutela	sutela@polaris.utu.fi

dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) (10/18/90)

	I had tried opening the window as raw:, but a) forgot to change the
stdin refernece in the readch() call, and b) put the readch() in a loop,
because my limited intellect did not comprehend that readch() would wait for
a character to be pressed.

	I feel stupid.