[comp.lang.rexx] Single Keyboard Character

cathcart@ukfsc.iinus1.ibm.com ("Mark Cathcart") (12/31/90)

In article <1990Dec30.035944.1472@ddsw1.MCS.COM> veck@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Steven P.
ing) writes:
>Rexx question for the peanut gallery.  ARexx, actually.  Is there a way to
>get single character input from the keyboard?  PULL wants a carriage return.
>I'm trying to write a program in which it's pretty vital to have single
>keystroke commands.

I have not used or seen AREXX but the REXX language defines a way,
it has the CHARIN bif which can return a string of characters. The
string can be a single character.

For example, char=CHARIN() in Mansfield Software Personal-REXX would
get a single character from the keyboard. Does ARexx have CHARIN ?