[comp.lang.rexx] Arexx book

techie@cellar.UUCP (William A Bacon) (05/12/91)

Anybody know of an Arexx user's guide being printed or already out in the
Market? I found the reference manual that came with Arexx pretty tough to
try to learn from

giguere@csg.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Giguere) (05/12/91)

Depends what you want.  If you want to learn REXX, then look for Cowlishaw's
book.  If you want to learn how to interface your programs to ARexx (i.e.,
supporting host commands, creating function libraries/hosts) then the
forthcoming "Amiga Programmer's Guide to ARexx" will do the trick.  (Don't
ask me when it will be out, I don't know.)

--
Eric Giguere                                       giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA
           Unlike the cleaning lady, I have to do Windows.

m21690@mwunix.mitre.org (Victor Perez-Nunez) (05/14/91)

giguere@csg.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Giguere) writes:

>book.  If you want to learn how to interface your programs to ARexx (i.e.,
>supporting host commands, creating function libraries/hosts) then the
>forthcoming "Amiga Programmer's Guide to ARexx" will do the trick.  (Don't
>ask me when it will be out, I don't know.)

>Eric Giguere                                       giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA

You can also look at the forthcoming book "ARexx: Everything that you wanted
to know about interfacing the Amiga OS to the zillion programs in the market,
but were afraid of looking it up."  Same caveat as above, DON'T ASK WHEN IT
WILL BE OUT, it may never will but the thought is what counts. :)

[This is not VAPORWARE, but VAPOROOK!!!]

(End of birthday candle, Oops, little flame)

Victor J. Perez-Nunez

giguere@csg.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Giguere) (05/14/91)

In article <m21690.674223475@mwunix.mitre.org> m21690@mwunix.mitre.org (Victor Perez-Nunez) writes:
>giguere@csg.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Giguere) writes:
>>book.  If you want to learn how to interface your programs to ARexx (i.e.,
>>supporting host commands, creating function libraries/hosts) then the
>>forthcoming "Amiga Programmer's Guide to ARexx" will do the trick.  (Don't
>>ask me when it will be out, I don't know.)
>
>You can also look at the forthcoming book "ARexx: Everything that you wanted
>to know about interfacing the Amiga OS to the zillion programs in the market,
>but were afraid of looking it up."  Same caveat as above, DON'T ASK WHEN IT
>WILL BE OUT, it may never will but the thought is what counts. :)

I was only stating the truth:  I don't know when the book will be out.  I
handed the final copy in two weeks ago.  It's now up to the publishers
to get it out.  I would guess 3 to 4 months, but don't take that as any
kind of official announcement.