[news.software.nntp] C NEWS and 3.0 NEWS

sob@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (03/18/89)

In article <1989Mar3.160835.16485@utzoo.uucp> henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <7235@vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com> barnett@vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) writes:
>>I also believe that News 3.0 does not support NNTP.
>
>I'd be very surprised if Eric had left out something so significant.

Eric has used the NNTP changes I made to news 2.11 as his basis for NNTP support.
To my knowledge, they have not been beta tested at any NNTP site. I tried
to beta it here and it doesn't work without changes to nntp itself.
Hopefully, Eric will get back in touch and we'll get it checked out.

I don't remember what the bulk of the changes are now, but there are
alot of them. News 3.0 is NOT compatible with nntp 1.5 as it stands.

Stan           internet: sob@bcm.tmc.edu         Baylor College of Medicine
Olan           uucp: {rice,killer,hoptoad}!academ!sob
Barber         Opinions expressed are only mine.