[news.software.nntp] usenet maps and nntp

pedz@pedz.austin.ibm.com (Perry Smith) (04/26/89)

I was wondering if the nntp protocol is documented somewhere.  I want
to make a program which will ask nntp if there are more map files and
automatically get them and put them in my maps directory.  There are
programs like this that work with local news but I want to do it with
nntp.  Perhaps its already been done.  Any pointers?

Thanks
pedz

sauer@auschs.UUCP (Charlie Sauer) (04/26/89)

In article <2159@d75.UUCP> pedz@pedz.austin.ibm.com (Perry Smith) writes:
>I was wondering if the nntp protocol is documented somewhere.  I want

Have you looked at RFC977?

Charlie
--
C.H. Sauer IBM Advanced Workstations Div. !'s: cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!sauer
           11400 Burnet Road, D75/802     @'s: @CS.UTEXAS.EDU:sauer@ibmaus.uucp