[news.software.nntp] nntp 1.5.6 available in a tar file via anonymous ftp

sob@lib.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (08/28/89)

If you'd like to get the fully patched version of nntp via anonymous ftp,
it is in ~/public/nntp.1.5.6.tar on lib.tmc.edu.

gorpong@telxon.uucp (Gordon C. Galligher) (08/31/89)

In article <236@lib.tmc.edu> sob@lib.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) writes:

>If you'd like to get the fully patched version of nntp via anonymous ftp,
>it is in ~/public/nntp.1.5.6.tar on lib.tmc.edu.

Are there any anonymous uucp sites which also have this?  I have most of the
patches, but I would much rather have a fully patched one :-).  The patch
program isn't the smartest thing in the world when it comes to diffs with
the following type of entries:

****** foo
------ bar
*** 16, 21
--- 16, 22
  lajskldjkajjl

It craps out on the double file stuff.  It is expecting something before it
runs into the other file specification.  Other than that one minor glitch it
is quite effective (but it's not PATCH that this news group is about, now is
it?)

		-- Gordon.

Gordon C. Galligher  <|> ...!uunet!telxon!gorpong <|> gorpong@telxon.uucp.uu.net
Telxon Corporation   <|> "What are ya standin' around for?  Don't ya know
Akron, Ohio, 44313   <|>  a Jail Break when ya see one?" - Scotty
(216) 867-3700 (3512)<|>         Star Trek V:  The Final Frontier

karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (08/31/89)

gorpong@telxon.uucp writes:
   Are there any anonymous uucp sites which also have this?

osu-cis has both the patches and the 1.5.6 compressed tar file.

--Karl

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (09/01/89)

In article <88@telxon.UUCP> gorpong@telxon.UUCP (Gordon C. Galligher) writes:
>In article <236@lib.tmc.edu> sob@lib.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) writes:
>>
>>If you'd like to get the fully patched version of nntp via anonymous ftp,
>>it is in ~/public/nntp.1.5.6.tar on lib.tmc.edu.
>
>Are there any anonymous uucp sites which also have this?  I have most of the
>patches, but I would much rather have a fully patched one :-).  The patch
>program isn't the smartest thing in the world when it comes to diffs with
>the following type of entries:

It's available on van-bc;

	PEP	604-939-4782
	2400	604-939-4756

Login as nuucp, passwd nuucp.

	~uucp/nntp.1.5.6.tar

On another note has anyone, anywhere got this puppy to work on SCO Xenix
2.3.2 with Lachman's TCP/IP support? We're have it crash in a gethostname()
call in xmitnntp.

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca uunet!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice) 604-939-4768(fax)

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (09/03/89)

In article <88@telxon.UUCP> gorpong@telxon.UUCP (Gordon C. Galligher) writes:
>In article <236@lib.tmc.edu> sob@lib.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) writes:
>>
>>If you'd like to get the fully patched version of nntp via anonymous ftp,
>>it is in ~/public/nntp.1.5.6.tar on lib.tmc.edu.
>
>Are there any anonymous uucp sites which also have this?  I have most of the

A copy is on:
	van-bc!~/nntp.1.5.6.tar

Dialup Access:
	PEP	604-939-4782
	2400	604-939-4756

	uucp login:	nuucp	passwd:	nuucp
	guest login:	guest	passwd:	guest

The guest login supports download with sz which supports the xmodem
protocol.

Internet access:
	FTP	128.189.233.155 or van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca

Login as anonymous, some restrictions apply.
--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca uunet!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice) 604-939-4768(fax)