[news.software.nntp] proposal for protocol modification

sob@lib.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (03/18/90)

I will put it on the list of proposed enhancements.
Sounds like a good idea to me, but I don't think it will require
modificiations to the protocol, per se. (e.g. NPOST), just some
reexamination of the ack messages to POST.

STAN

nagel@ics.uci.edu (Mark Nagel) (03/19/90)

sob@lib.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) writes:

>I will put it on the list of proposed enhancements.
>Sounds like a good idea to me, but I don't think it will require
>modificiations to the protocol, per se. (e.g. NPOST), just some
>reexamination of the ack messages to POST.

You're right -- I didn't examine the current protocol closely
enough.  Brian Kantor explained to me how you can use '100' response
messages between the POST ant the POST response to get the desired
behavior.

--
Mark Nagel
UC Irvine Depertment of ICS   +----------------------------------------+