[news.software.nntp] NNTP Remote news reader for VMS

gerland@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (James R. Gerland) (04/06/90)

In article <5200@emory.mathcs.emory.edu>, fvest@ducvax.auburn.edu (VEST_FLOYD) writes...
>In article <53852@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV>, oberman@rogue.llnl.gov (Oberman, Kevin) writes...
>>I am looking for people who are using/modifying the NNTP news reader software
>>for VMS known as VNEWS and available from krypton.arc.nasa.gov.

I just created a listserv list called vnews-l for discussion of vnews.  You
can subscribe to it ny sending mail to listserv@ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu or
listserv@ubvm with the first line in the body of the mail message, not the
Subject: line, as : SUB VNEWS your-first-name your-last-name

I think we should see about getting a news.software.vnews newsgroup.

Jim Gerland                                          ______
SUNY/Buffalo Manager, User Support Services         /      |
State University of New York at Buffalo            /       |
University Computing Services                     |        |
Computing Center Room 226                _________/        |
Buffalo, New York 14260                  |                 |
(716) 636-3557                          / * Buffalo        |
(716) 636-3081 - FAX                   |______________     |
                                                      |_   |
gerland@ubvms.bitnet                                    \__| _____
gerland@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu                                |__ __|