[news.software.nntp] Help:nntp installation on NeXT

murli@bobcat.ent.ohiou.edu (murli-ramakrishnan-ISE-272-90-2726) (07/06/90)

Hello,
  I am trying to install nntp on a NeXT as a clinet, When I say
make client I get the message
inews.c:173: only 1 args to macro 'index'
        246:     "
        371:      "

Could some one help me figure out what's wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Murli Ram
Athens. Ohio University
murli@cubix.ent.ohiou.edu
murli@bobcat.ent.ohiou.edu
ent0086@ouaccvmb.bitnet

reggers@ria.ccs.uwo.ca (Reg Quinton) (07/11/90)

In article <1512@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU> murli@bobcat.ent.ohiou.edu (murli-ramakrishnan-ISE-272-90-2726) writes:
>  I am trying to install nntp on a NeXT as a clinet, When I say
>make client I get the message
>inews.c:173: only 1 args to macro 'index'

go through the code, and remove all declarations of the form

	char	*index();

There are about three or so. These conflict the prototype definitions
in the strings.h include file (actually the declaration is redundant
on all platforms so deleting it is a good idea).

Pretend the NeXT is 4.3 BSD with a Sun filesystem.
Always compile with -bsd, if you use the (default) ANSI semantics
you deserve to lose.  (And link with -lsys_s !!!)

					-=EPS=-