[news.software.nntp] Xrn for X11/R3

george@taca.ECE.CMU.EDU (George Cebulka) (12/01/90)

Does anyone out there know where I can get a version of Xrn
that will work with X11/R3? We are running a Dec uVax/Pmax
envrionment using Ultrix3.1.
	Thanks in advance.
		George Cebulka, ECE Facilities, Carnegie Mellon
--
George Cebulka, ECE Facilities

davew@gold.gvg.tek.com (David C. White) (12/01/90)

In article <GEORGE.90Nov30173618@taca.ECE.CMU.EDU> george@taca.ECE.CMU.EDU (George Cebulka) writes:
>Does anyone out there know where I can get a version of Xrn
>that will work with X11/R3? We are running a Dec uVax/Pmax
>envrionment using Ultrix3.1.

From the README file in the dxrn distribution:
-----------------------------
What are DXRN and MXRN?

They're two programs, generated from common source code. Functions are, as
much as possible, identical. DXRN uses the XUI (DECwindows) widget set.
MXRN uses Motif. They're ports of XRN V6.11 to XUI and MOTIF (XRN as
distributed uses the Athena widgets).

How to get M/DXRN:
For Unix:
% ftp gatekeeper.dec.com (16.1.0.2)
user: anonymous
password: guest
ftp> cd pub/DEC
ftp> binary
ftp> get dxrn.tar.Z
ftp> quit
% uncompress dxrn.tar.Z
% tar xf dxrn.tar
For VMS:
$ ftp gatekeeper.dec.com (16.1.0.2)
user: anonymous
password: guest
ftp> cd pub/DEC
ftp> get dxrn.share
ftp> quit
$ @dxrn.share
Actually I use the standard xrn compiled under X11R4 and run it
on my VAXstation under Ultrix 3.1 and it works fine also.

----
Dave White	Grass Valley Group, Inc.   VOICE: +1 916.478.3052
P.O. Box 1114  	Grass Valley, CA  95945    FAX: +1 916.478.3887
Internet: davew@viper.gvg.tek.com