[news.software.nntp] nntp for VMS??

ross@fdurt1.FDU.EDU (Jeff Ross) (02/08/91)

I am currently running Bnews and nntp on two of our Ultrix machines, and
I was wondering what would be involved in including our VMS cluster in
all the fun....

I would need to know where sources are available etc...

thanks...
				Jeff

--
.Sig??? you want a stinkin' Sig too????  sheesh
Jeff Ross --- Fairleigh Dickinson U. Teaneck, NJ ross@rodney.fdu.edu

gih900@sao.aarnet.edu.au (02/08/91)

In article <969@fdurt1.FDU.EDU>, ross@fdurt1.FDU.EDU (Jeff Ross) writes:
> I am currently running Bnews and nntp on two of our Ultrix machines, and
> I was wondering what would be involved in including our VMS cluster in
> all the fun....
>
> I would need to know where sources are available etc...

ANU NEWS supports a NNTP client and a NNTP server on VMS, using either DECnet
or TCP (or both) as the transport method.

Its's available from sao.aarnet.edu.au in [.ANU-NEWS] for collection by
anonymous ftp.

Geoff Huston