[news.software.nntp] PC NNTP news reader

jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) (02/12/91)

 I read some months ago there are some NNTP newsreaders for a MSDOS
 machines. I read about some Windows based newsreader. Any body can
 help me with this. If you can tell me where can I find this programs
 I'll apreciate your help.

   Thank's in advance.
--
*****   Greetings from Mexico!   *****
Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto                   Internet:

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (02/15/91)

In article <2880@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx> jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) writes:

> I read some months ago there are some NNTP newsreaders for a MSDOS
> machines. I read about some Windows based newsreader. Any body can
> help me with this. If you can tell me where can I find this programs
> I'll apreciate your help.

I too was looking for such a thing. I was unable to find a working one,
so I wrote one. It is called "snuz" and is available by anonymous ftp
from c.scs.uiuc.edu.

Doug McDonald

tarjeij@ulrik.uio.no (Tarjei T. Jensen) (02/19/91)

I have found three PC based news readers. There is snuz which I know works.
There is one that works with PC-NFS which I assume works and there is one
contained in winqvtnet (Windows enhanced mode terminal emulator/ftp/news reader
that uses NCSA telnet routines - shareware) which I currently cannot get
working.

// Tarjei T. Jensen
     tarjeij@ulrik.uio.no

rmurphy@m.cs.uiuc.edu (R.M. Murphy) (02/22/91)

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) writes:

>In article <2880@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx> jgabriel@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Juan Gabriel Ruiz Pinto) writes:
>>
>> I read some months ago there are some NNTP newsreaders for a MSDOS
>> machines. I read about some Windows based newsreader. Any body can
>> help me with this. If you can tell me where can I find this programs
>> I'll apreciate your help.
>>

>I too was looking for such a thing. I was unable to find a working one,
>so I wrote one. It is called "snuz" and is available by anonymous ftp
>from c.scs.uiuc.edu.

>Doug McDonald

This is a repost test