[news.software.nntp] NNTP ihave problem ??

ggondor@cedar.pfc.forestry.ca (Guy Gondor) (03/08/91)

We are looking for assistance in resolving a problem which continues to
pop up using NNTP for no reason we can find.  Our WorkStation
(DecStation 3100 running Ultrix 4.0) can transfer news to other hosts,
but another host can not transfer news to our host. We have determined
the following problem:

NOTE: The following communications is taking place between a VAX 8650
      running MultiNet and our DecStation 3100 which is our News
      server.  The same problem occurs between a SUN Sparc News
      server and the DecStation.

$ telnet/port=119 cedar
Trying... Connected to CEDAR.PFC.FORESTRY.CA, a DECSTATION3100 running
ULTRIX.

201 cedar.pfc.forestry.ca NNTP server version 1.5.11 (31 January 1991)
ready at Thu Feb 21 16:45:38 1991 (no posting).
ihave <100@pfc.pfc.forestry.ca>

Connection closed by Foreign Host
$

Could someone tell me what ihave would be trying to do ?

The last time we had the problem it seemed to resolve itself after not
working for 5 days.  On a previous occasion we had to rebuild CNews
and NNTP before everything started to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please E-Mail responses as our news feed is officially broken.

Thanks
--
Guy Gondor
Internet: ggondor@PFC.Forestry.CA

CCVJ@lure.latrobe.edu.au (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar7.204751.3980@cedar.pfc.forestry.ca>, ggondor@cedar.pfc.forestry.ca (Guy Gondor) writes:
> We are looking for assistance in resolving a problem which continues to
> pop up using NNTP for no reason we can find.  Our WorkStation

...stuff deleted

> Connection closed by Foreign Host

We are having the same problems.  Can someone -please- help?

Vicki Jordan
Computing Services
La Trobe University, Bundoora
Vic. 3083.  AUSTRALIA