[comp.sys.ibm.pc.net] Help with Novell problem

mobo@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Samuel Wilson) (01/31/88)

In article <1463@boulder.Colorado.EDU> heuring@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Vincent Heuring) writes:

>He went to try the Novell network at a local dealer, and found, he
>says, that the network will support only disk drives of 49 MB or
>less.  His needs are such that a 150 MB disk is required, and
Maybe he heard wrong; maybe the guy said "16 gigabytes" (the current
limit) and the wax in his ears transformed the sound waves to the
pattern "49 megabytes" (:-).  Or maybe the dealer only had 50Mb drives
in stock...
Sam

--
Samuel Wilson         ..ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!mobo
                          mobo@sphinx.uchicago.edu

gof@crash.cts.com (Jerry Fountain) (01/31/88)

In article <1463@boulder.Colorado.EDU> heuring@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Vincent Heuring) writes:

>I am posting this for a friend who is thinking about installing
>a Novell network of pc's.
>
>Warning: I know almost nothing about Novell networks, so no flames
>please if the question seems stupid.
>
>He went to try the Novell network at a local dealer, and found, he
>says, that the network will support only disk drives of 49 MB or
>less.  His needs are such that a 150 MB disk is required, and
>he is quite bummed by this.  He says that he called Novell, and they
>are no help.

My advice would be to find a new dealer.  No offence but Novell does
indeed support larger drives.  I am currently running a system with
110 Meg on-line and am about to add another 180 Meg.  As for Novell's
support, just find a good dealer as that should be all the average user
will ever need.

Usual disclamers, just a satisfied user/installer