[comp.unix.microport] CompuAdd Standard-286/10 & System V/286?

todd@uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) (03/01/88)

I'm ordering a cheap 10MHz 286 box from CompuAdd tomorrow.  Has anyone
tried using Microport System V/286 on the CompuAdd (aka PC Source)
"Standard-286/10"?  If you have, could you let me know what your
experiences with this box/software combo is?  Thanks...todd

--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii Faculty Development Program
UUCP:		{ihnp4,uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!todd

john@bby-bc.UUCP (john) (03/06/88)

In article <1614@uhccux.UUCP>, todd@uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) writes:

> I'm ordering a cheap 10MHz 286 box from CompuAdd tomorrow.  Has anyone
> tried using Microport System V/286 on the CompuAdd (aka PC Source)
> "Standard-286/10"?  If you have, could you let me know what your
> experiences with this box/software combo is?  Thanks...todd

I have been running microport on a "Standard-286/10" for about a year
now and everything works fine (started with 1.3.6 and I'm still at
2.2 (and will stay there until either microport lowers the update
price or fixes more bugs)).

Dealing with CompuAdd was a pleasure.  The order taker could actually
answer tech. questions and delivery time was actually shorter than what
I was told over the phone.  The hardware is good and the only problem
I've had with it is that the card support bracket at the front seems to
be a little too far forward (too close to the rear) - all the cards they
sent me fit fine but when I added a Targa frame buffer I had to bend
the support back a bit. I don't think it was the Targa since I tried it
in another system and it droped in fine.

john
.....!ubc-vision!fornax!bby-bc!john