[comp.unix.microport] com3&4

mrspock@hubcap.UUCP (Steve Benz) (04/15/88)

From article <24731@clyde.ATT.COM>, by wtr@moss.ATT.COM:
> In article <14543@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>,  (Brian J. Smith) writes:
>> I plan to have One 2400 baud line open for the BBS will this be ok ?
>> and another line so that I can dial out. but I have a mouse for my
>> Dos that will only work in COM1 or COM2
>
> Check your release notes, there is a method mentioned to add the
> drivers foor additional tty ports. I currently have my modem
> (USR internal) wired in as tty02 (com3:) and two serial ports
> for tty00, tty01.

I gave starting up COM3 a pretty good try, and it didn't go.
I didn't lose sleep over it or anything, but it's bugged me
ever since.

Question: Has anybody had any success with this?  What interrupt
	  did you use for COM3?  Anybody done it on a PC-Designs ET286i
	  (My hardware configuration, it happens to have 3 RS232's
	  on the motherboard)

				- Steve Benz
				...!gatech!hubcap!mrspock
				mrspock@hubcap.clemson.edu