[comp.unix.microport] uport and Zenith Z-386

ET2@PSUVM.BITNET (Brad Erlwein) (02/19/88)

Has anyone had any experinces with running microport unix with
dosmerge on a Zenith Z-386?
Brad Erlwein

neighorn@catlabs.UUCP (Steven C. Neighorn) (04/16/88)

In article <34096ET2@PSUVM> ET2@PSUVM.BITNET (Brad Erlwein) writes:
>Has anyone had any experinces with running microport unix with
>dosmerge on a Zenith Z-386?
>Brad Erlwein

I brought up V/386 on a Zenith Z-386 for some compatibility testing at the
school district. The system had a 40meg hard disk, Zenith's VGA card, one
of their beautiful analog flat-screen monitors, 2 meg of memeory, no co-
processor, and no optional cache board. The testing included running
several large V/386 binaries, kermit for testing the serial ports, and
reading/writing to floppy disks. Obviously not really in-depth, but the
unit was an evaluation machine which we had only for one day. It performed
well, and I encountered no problems.

I can't comment on DosMerge on the Zenith. Sorry!
--
Steven C. Neighorn    ...!tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogcvax}!qiclab!catlabs!neighorn
Portland Public Schools     "Where we train young Star Fighters to defend the