[comp.unix.microport] Colour Curses or other screen manager

larry@focsys.UUCP (Larry Williamson ) (05/05/88)

    I am looking for a screen manager (ala curses) that will allow
me to prepare operator menus in colour.  Curses would be just fine
except that it does not support colour screens (or at least my copy
of systemV curses does not).

Is there a version of curses available that does support colour?
Do you have something else that is almost as good?, just as good,
even better?

The machine I will be running this on is an Industrial AT running
Microport SystemV/AT.  The displays are a CGA controlled colour
display and a number of XTs with CGA displays acting like dumb
colour terminals.  I don't know this for sure, but I believe that
all the displays will look like either ansi or vt100 displays to
unix.

The screen manager should be able to support two or three windows on
a screen at time.  Most of the time there will be one big menu
displayed but there are error and message windows that will be
brought up on demand.

If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
larry

--
Larry Williamson                      Focus Automation Systems
UUCP: watmath!focsys!larry    608 Weber St. N, Waterloo, Ontario N2V 1K4

twh@mibte.UUCP (Tim Hitchcock) (05/12/88)

In article <173@focsys.UUCP>, larry@focsys.UUCP writes:

>     I am looking for a screen manager (ala curses) that will allow
> me to prepare operator menus in colour.  Curses would be just fine
> except that it does not support colour screens (or at least my copy
> of systemV curses does not).

The newly announced release of UNIX ( SVR3.2 ) curses supports colour,
It includes other improvements too. There's a version for SVR3.1.

The official name is "Extended Terminal Information Utilities."