[comp.unix.microport] dialinfo and PCP

bak@csd-v.UUCP (Bruce) (06/01/88)

Some time ago a .shar file was posted to this group which
enabled the user to do uucp polling of PC Pursuable systems.

The utility was based on the dialinfo package which uucp supports.
At the time I'd never encountered dialinfo, so I looked for the
system documentation on it.  Guess what?  I didn't find any.  Nor
did I find mention of it in the AT&T standard SYSVR2 documentation
or the Motorola V/68 documentation.  I looked in SAM's not very useful
UNIX COMMUNICATIONS and again no mention of dialinfo.

So, can anyone help me find the documentation for this file??
Thanks!

--
  Bruce Kern                                 |  uunet!swlabs!csd-v!bak
  Computer Systems Design                    |  1-203-270-0399

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (06/02/88)

In article <193@csd-v.UUCP> bak@csd-v.UUCP (Bruce) writes:
 >The utility was based on the dialinfo package which uucp supports.
 >At the time I'd never encountered dialinfo, so I looked for the
 >system documentation on it.  Guess what?  I didn't find any.  Nor
 >did I find mention of it in the AT&T standard SYSVR2 documentation
 >or the Motorola V/68 documentation.  I looked in SAM's not very useful
 >UNIX COMMUNICATIONS and again no mention of dialinfo.
 >
 >So, can anyone help me find the documentation for this file??

Look to your nearest comp.sources.unix archive site for a three-part
posting in volume 6, which is a public-domain implementation of
dial.3 and includes dialinfo docs. In Rich $alz's periodic
index of sources it is called "SysVdial".
UUCP:     ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp@dcs.UUCP                         TLX: 910-280-0585 EES PLANO UD