[comp.unix.microport] Need ESC sequence for terminfo AT386 smam/rmam

rickers@drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) (05/25/88)

Okay...   can someone out three help me please.  I've tried as hard as
I could to find the answer, but I cannot do it.

Problem Definition: Finding the proper escape sequence to turn on/off
	automatic margins for the AT386 terminfo entry.

Symptoms: Every now and then, when I utilize a program which uses
	curses(3X) on the console, auto-wraparound gets turned off for
	no apparent reason.  Things like windows gets really messed
	up, especially when the right edge lies on the rightmost
	column of the screen.

Solution: Put the escape sequence to the console so that it will turn
	on automatic margins.

System: Compaq 386 -- 16 MHz
	6M memory
	130 Meg Disk
	uPort V.3/386 Unix
	Compaq EGA Card/Monitor

Temporary Solution: What else???  Reboot.
	I've tried logging out and in to reset the console, but...  nopers!
	I've used tput -T vt100 rs2.
	There is no smam terminfo entry for any of the vt* or ansi*
	terminfo entries.
	I've looked in a VT100 reference manual to find the escape
	sequence and it was not listed.

I've tried calling Microport and they couldn't give me an answer.  My,
I would think all you have to do is to look at the source code to find
out which escape sequence it is to turn off auto-wrap.  They tried,
but to no avail.

If anyone has the escape sequence I would really appreciate it if you
could mail it to me.

I am in the process of making a complete terminfo entry for AT386.  If
anyone has any really good terminfo entries for ansi/AT386 please mail
them.  If there is sufficient request, I will post the resulting
terminfo entry.

						Thanks In Advance,
						Rickers
						..!drexel!rickers

fortin@zap.UUCP (Denis Fortin) (06/02/88)

In article <597@drexel.UUCP> rickers@drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) writes:
> [talking about automatic margins]
> Okay...   can someone out three help me please.  I've tried as hard as
> I could to find the answer, but I cannot do it.

I'm sure you will have received a number of replies to this, but here I
go anyway...  The sequences to turn on/turn off the auto-wrap feature are:

	ESC ] ? 7 h	    and		ESC ] ? 7 l

(or the other way around, I don't remember off hand)   (of course, ESC is
the <ESCAPE> character and the spaces should not be sent :-)

					I hope this helps...

PS. I needed this a while back and couldn't find in the documentation,
    so I fished it out of a DEC VT-220 Programmers Reference Guide...
--
Denis Fortin
fortin@zap.uucp                         | Real-Time Systems Group