[comp.unix.microport] Need info on SysV/AT f77 compiler

leein@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (05/30/88)

Hi, there!

Has anyone used Microport Sys5/AT for FORTRAN program developments?
Is it relaible?
I heard that f77 compiler comes with Sys5/AT Software Development Package
for 286 machines.
What company's f77 is that?  Green Hill's?  (386 f77 is Green Hill's)
Is it dependable?

   Thank you in advance for any kind of information.

                               Hugh  leein@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu

neighorn@qiclab.UUCP (Steve Neighorn) (06/05/88)

In article <20800001@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu> leein@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes:

>Has anyone used Microport Sys5/AT for FORTRAN program developments?
>Is it relaible?
>I heard that f77 compiler comes with Sys5/AT Software Development Package
>for 286 machines.

Yes, V/AT for the 80286 comes with a f77 compiler, but the 386 version of
Unix does not come with a f77 compiler in its standard configuration. I am
not aware of Green Hills compilers for 286 products, but they do make
386 compilers. While I have seen Green Hills C for the 386, I have not
seen a FORTRAN yet. I have a big graphics program just crying to be
compiled on my 386.
--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogcvax}!qiclab!neighorn
Portland Public Schools      "Where we train young Star Fighters to defend the