[comp.unix.microport] System V/AT 2.3.1

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (06/14/88)

After several postings extolling the virtues of Sys V/AT 2.3.1
I called Microport Tech support today to find out how to obtain
this release, since my company has an upgrade contract.

I was told that 2.3.1 is a beta release only, and that the next
release available to the general user public would be 2.4,
due in August (which probably means it will really be available
sometime in September or later).

So: I would like to know what's going on. Those of you who posted
your experiences with 2.3.1, do you really have some kind of
special arrangement with Uport which qualifies you for pre-releases?
Or did I just happen to talk to a particularly unhelpful tech support
person? (He did not identify himself by name!)
UUCP:     ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp@dcs.UUCP                         TLX: 910-280-0585 EES PLANO UD

jmsully@uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) (06/16/88)

In article <112@dcs.UUCP> wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) writes:
>I was told that 2.3.1 is a beta release only, and that the next
>release available to the general user public would be 2.4,
>due in August (which probably means it will really be available
>sometime in September or later).

2.3.1 is indeed a beta release only.  About 50 sites have it at the present
time and it's development is on schedule (it really will be out in August).

John