[comp.unix.microport] Bug in Small Model libcurses.a?

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (07/02/88)

I successfully compiled Andreas Pleschutznig's BPE binary
editor (recently posted to comp.sources.misc) on my Microport
System V/AT 2.3 box.

However, when using the "string search" function, the
curses function getstr() will not accept a capital P as input
but terminates as soon as P is entered, returning the string
up to but not including the P.

This problem exists in small model only -- large model works properly.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a fix?

The "sum" of my /usr/lib/small/libcurses.a is 36895. If there
is someone out there who does not have this problem, could you
check the "sum" of your small/libcurses.a and tell me if your
result differs from mine -- maybe my file got zapped.

Otherwise - Microport Techs, are you out there? Please check
this out and fix it!

Wolf Paul
killer!dcs!wnp
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp@dcs.UUCP                   TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD

plocher@uport.UUCP (John Plocher) (07/06/88)

In article <131@dcs.UUCP> wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) writes:
>curses function getstr() will not accept a capital P as input
>but terminates as soon as P is entered, returning the string
>up to but not including the P.
>
>This problem exists in small model only -- large model works properly.

This is a bug, and it has been fixed.  If you need a work around, the CAP
'P' always returns a '\0'.  If you need a fix ASAP, contact tech support.
Otherwise, the fixed version will be going out with 2.4.

  -John