[comp.unix.microport] How do I reset the console?

dan@arcsun.UUCP (Dan ...) (07/13/88)

Many VMS processes like to send terminal set-up sequences to my
AT386 console (logged in via cu or kermit) that causes the console
to go into a 1-line mode (where all subsequent output appears on
a single line of the screen).

The AT386 terminfo entry doesn't have any initialize or reset strings
so tput doesn't work to get out of this mode.  The only solution
I've found is to reboot!

Does anyone out there have a reset/initialize string for AT386 terminals?

Thanks in advance.

	Dan Field
	...calgary!arcsun!dan

mdm@apr.UUCP (Mark D. Meyer) (07/14/88)

In article <338@arcsun.UUCP> dan@arcsun.UUCP (Dan ...) writes:
>Many VMS processes like to send terminal set-up sequences to my
>AT386 console (logged in via cu or kermit) that causes the console
>to go into a 1-line mode (where all subsequent output appears on
>a single line of the screen).

>Does anyone out there have a reset/initialize string for AT386 terminals?

Try this. (the <esc> is an octal 033 character :-)

		"<esc>[0;25r"

Mark

vandys@hpisoa1.HP.COM (Andrew Valencia) (07/14/88)

/ hpisoa1:comp.unix.microport / dan@arcsun.UUCP (Dan ...) / 10:42 am  Jul 12, 1988 /
>Many VMS processes like to send terminal set-up sequences to my
>AT386 console (logged in via cu or kermit) that causes the console
>to go into a 1-line mode (where all subsequent output appears on
>a single line of the screen).
    This is probably just moving the cursor to the 25th line.  Yes, it
won't scroll off of this line.  However, 'tput clear' should send a clear
sequence, which should clear your screen *and* move the cursor to home.
This may not be it, but it sounded enough like it to give a shout.

					Andy

howardl@wb3ffv.UUCP (Howard Leadmon ) (07/14/88)

In article <338@arcsun.UUCP>, dan@arcsun.UUCP (Dan ...) writes:

> The AT386 terminfo entry doesn't have any initialize or reset strings
> so tput doesn't work to get out of this mode.  The only solution
> I've found is to reboot!
>
> Does anyone out there have a reset/initialize string for AT386 terminals?

 Boy have I run into that problem before, and I have also been forced to
reboot the system. If anybody has this information I would certainly like
to get my hands on it!!

UUCP/SMTP : howardl@wb3ffv		|	Howard D. Leadmon
PACKET    : WB3FFV @ W3ITM		|	Fast Computer Service, Inc.
IP Address: 44.60.0.1			|	P.O. Box  171
Telephone : (301)-335-2206		|	Chase, MD  21027-0171