[comp.unix.microport] Stray Interrupt vector 2D

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (07/16/88)

I occasionally get a panic with the message "stray interrup -- vector 2D"
Anyone know what this is?
--
Phil    uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl

richardh@killer.UUCP (Richard Hargrove) (07/16/88)

In article <1340@ssc.UUCP>, fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
> I occasionally get a panic with the message "stray interrup -- vector 2D"
> Anyone know what this is?

Could it be a "spurious interrupt" generated by the 8259 interrupt
controller (PIC)? If an interrupt input to the PIC is not of sufficient
duration, it specifies level 7 in response to an interrupt acknowledge
from the processor. Since I don't know how the PIC is programmed under
SYS V/AT, this is just a guess.

richard hargrove
...!{ihnp4 | codas | cbosgd}!killer!richardh