[comp.unix.microport] Advanced User's Manual

vjs@rhyolite.SGI.COM (Vernon Schryver) (07/15/88)

In article <727@mccc.UUCP>, pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
> In looking through all of the Merge 386 docs (Release Notes, Getting
> Started, Administrator's Manual, and User's Manual -- no Advanced User's
> Manual, no Manual Pages),....

The Merge 386 manual refers the reader who is having troubles to an
"Advanced User's Manual" in several places.  I thot it was just stupid me
who had not figured out where in the binder to look, despite spending
some little time thumbing thru and checking tables of contents.  Is
there an "Advanced User's Manual" available?  From Microport, Locus,
AT&T, BTI, anyone?  How much time or $ is it worth searching for?

Vernon Schryver
vjs@sgi.com

scott@cdp.UUCP (07/18/88)

Microport has an "advanced" manual which is just the streams/RFS
docs.  You can probably buy the same thing in your nearest
technical book store, as a V/386 Prentice-Hall book (it'll be
typeset and much more readable than what you'll get from
Microport).

-scott