[comp.unix.microport] Anxiously awaiting ksh-e

" Maynard) (07/30/88)

I just logged off the Microport BBS.
Yes, there's a ksh-e there.

Unfortunately, they had a problem, and lost all user file updates made
after 13 June...argh. Now I gotta wait for it. :-(
Still, running a BBS is hard work (I've been there), so this is not a
flame - just a warning: you'll have to get revalidated.
Oh well...

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:       uunet!nuchat!           | adequately be explained by stupidity.

mjy@sdti.UUCP (Michael J. Young) (08/03/88)

In article <621@splut.UUCP> jay@splut.UUCP (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
>Unfortunately, they had a problem, and lost all user file updates made
>after 13 June...argh. Now I gotta wait for it. :-(
>Still, running a BBS is hard work (I've been there), so this is not a
>flame - just a warning: you'll have to get revalidated.
>Oh well...

Maybe it is hard to run a BBS, but it's not that hard to do backups more
frequently than once a month.  Something this important should be backed up
once a week, with daily incrementals.  Are they serious about this BBS or
not?

By the way, I downloaded ksh-e, and it works great.  Thanks, Microport!
Now if I only had a man page....
--
Mike Young - Software Development Technologies, Inc., Sudbury MA 01776
UUCP     : {decvax,harvard,linus,mit-eddie}!necntc!necis!mrst!sdti!mjy