[comp.unix.microport] Bell Tech. Hubcard and Microport 286 V/AT

markz@ssc.UUCP (Mark Zenier) (08/06/88)

The Bell Tech. Hubcard looks like an inexpensive way to add 6 serial
ports.   But the Software Support list doesn't include Microport V/AT.
Does anyone sell the driver for this?

Mark Zenier	uunet!pilchuck!ssc!markz

john@synsys.UUCP (John C. Rossmann) (08/06/88)

In article <1398@ssc.UUCP> markz@ssc.UUCP (Mark Zenier) writes:

>The Bell Tech. Hubcard ... But the Software Support list doesn't include
>Microport V/AT. Does anyone sell the driver for this?
>Mark Zenier	uunet!pilchuck!ssc!markz

About 2 months ago, I got a HUB6 from Bell Tech. Drivers for uPort V/AT
version 2.3 or later were included with the board. I'm using the board
with BT V/386, so I can't tell you how well it works with V/AT.

John Rossmann		(uucp: uunet!synsys!john)	(CIS: 70701,3125)

keith@uport.UUCP (Keith Hankin) (08/09/88)

In article <1398@ssc.UUCP> markz@ssc.UUCP (Mark Zenier) writes:

|The Bell Tech. Hubcard looks like an inexpensive way to add 6 serial
|ports.   But the Software Support list doesn't include Microport V/AT.
|Does anyone sell the driver for this?
|
|Mark Zenier	uunet!pilchuck!ssc!markz

Bell Technologies has written a driver for Microport UNIX 286 back when they
were selling our UNIX for their 286 boxes.  They claim that they no longer
support their driver under our UNIX anymore, although I see no reason why
it shouldn't work.

--
Keith Hankin	keith@uport
Microport Systems